Saturday, June 16, 2012

{insert quote about how awesome summer is here}

What I’ve been doing for the past three days of summer:

(1) Reading: Anna Karenina. Seeing as I’m only on page 25 as of today and it’s only the part when Levin’s contemplating about proposing to Kitty (and Anna Karenina hasn’t even been introduced yet!), I can’t give a fair opinion but so far? I kind of actually like it. I despise Oblonsky like I never despised a character before and adore Levin like I adore Toby Maguire’s Peter Parker (which is a very, very good thing). My favorite quote in the book right now: “There was no solution, but that universal solution which life gives to all questions, even the most complex and insoluable. That answer is: one must live in the needs of the day-that is, to forget oneself.” (pg. 7)

(2) Contemplating about a job at Kumon teaching English. Hopefully I’ll get it.

(3) Filling out University housing/dining/everything else forms. I’m excited about university and all but I’m pretty sure I’m going to die under all the paperwork (hopefully not).

(4) Rewatched: Joe Wright’s Pride & Prejudice and Steven Spielberg’s The Adventures of Tintin with friends. Spazzing out over the hilarity of Mr. Darcy and Tintin’s ninja-ness ensued. (They’re the perfect films to start out a summer with.)

(5) Watched: All of Season 3 of The Office. S3 of The Office is a gem; All the episodes are amazingly written and executed on screen by the actors and the behind-the-scenes crew. The best episodes of S3 in my (humble) opinion are definitely “Branch Closing,” “Business School,” (which was directed by Joss Whedon!) “The Negotiation,” “Beach Games,” and the season finale, “The Job.”

On my to-do list for the week: The next 729 pages of Anna, Season 2 of the Office, and faxing in insurance documents to The University on time!


(This repost was posted here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment