Saturday, June 16, 2012

the one that left me blubbering



There's no way I can explain my admiration and L-O-V-E for the Parks and Recreation season 4 finale in an intelligible manner yet because this week was completely exhausting (and let's face it-the finale took my emotions to a whole different level), so I decided why not just list out the scenes I adored the most?

So ready? 1...2...3..GO:

  • "I've never been one for meeting new people or doing new things, or eating new types of food, or traveling outside of Southern Indiana. I've had the same haircut since 1978, and I've driven the same car since 1991. I've used the same wooden comb for three decades. I have one bowl. I still get my milk delivered by horse. [Ben, incredulous: You do?] But you and Leslie like to hold hands and jump off of cliffs together, into the great unknown. You twohave a good relationship. I don't personally know what that's like, but I am given to understand it means you're going to land on your feet." -Ron Swanson to Ben Wyatt.

  • Blue Ivy Carter's sorta cameo appearance in Tom's dream. (She apparently gives him a high-five.)

  • Jerry dying from nervousness about Leslie winning.

  • Ben's inability to drink scotch with Ron.

  • Ann cheering Leslie up with kickboxing.

  • "Your ambiguous ethnic blend perfectly represents the dream of the American melting pot." - Leslie to Ann

  • Donna-April-Andy group hug!

  • Jean-Ralphio/Ben Shwartz cameo!!!

  • Ron finding Leslie in the city council room and their following conversation.

  • Leslie giving Ben the tiny Washington monument statue the way he gave her the Knope Pin from episode 1.

  • Ann being sneaky with the polling results and Leslie's reaction to it (Amy Poehler, you are beyond perfect.)

  • Ben saying that he didn't write a concession speech for Leslie.

  • And the most misty-eyes-ugly-sob-can't-stop-the-tears-from-flowing inducing scene: Leslie choking up in the voting booth because her she's voting and her name's on the ballot and she's voting and she might almost win the position of city councilman and her name's on the ballot.

  • WAIT! The runner up misty-eyes-ugly-sob-can't-stop-the-tears-from-flowing inducing scene is....the part when Leslie slides her picture next to the old city Councilman's picture on the wall of Pawnee's old Councilman's because you know, she's been wanting it for for four seasons and...she finally achieves it.


I can probably write pages on why Parks and Recreation is as amazing as it is, besides the fact that it has the best season finales (see: season 2's last episode), but not today. Today, all I can say is that I'm glad that we'll be able to go back to Pawnee, Indiana this fall. Thank you, NBC.

(This repost was posted over here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment