Saturday, June 16, 2012

words on the twenty-first of April

(This repost was posted over here.)

(1) Jimmy John's does not lie
...about their speedy delivery, that is! At my internship one day, we decided to order Jimmy John's for lunch. Our sandwiches were delivered, and I swear I'm not lying, in under five minutes. Magical delivery, ftw.


And their sandwiches are not bad either.

(2) The wait for the Catching Fire director is over, and no, it's not Alfonso Cuaron. (A hundred frowny faces cannot come close to explaining my misery at the missed opportunity). It's not even Bennet Miller (the one I was rooting for in the final director showdown). It's Francis Lawrence! He's the director of several Lady Gaga music videos, I Am Legend (with Will Smith), and Water for Elephants. (Um, so does this mean we can expect Robert Pattinson as Finnick now? :P)

Now I don't live anywhere near LA so I have no idea how Hollywood production really works, but It's sort of surprising that Lionsgate is trying to trying to finish this film as quick as possible because wasn't Hunger Games several years in the making with Gary Ross at the helm? Taking time = quality and classy stuff as the final product. And I'm pretty sure there were always 1.5-2 years between each Harry Potter film except for the first two and the last two (but only 'cause they were shot continuously.) Shooting Catching Fire might be okay, but here's the most frightening part- there's only four months for pre-production! ( I am clearly waaaaaayy to invested in this series *cough*) November 16, 2013, here we coooomeeeeeee, whether everyone's ready for it or not.

(3) So I love Pride & Prejudice, right? My love for this classic burns with the fiery passion of a thousand suns and maybe a bit more. Finding out that Hank Green is producing The Lizzie Bennet Diaries completely made my Friday and the vlog-adaptation miniseries (which are in the POV of our favorite literary heroine transformed to fit in our world of 2012) is incredibly clever. How clever? Get this- Bingley in this vlog series has been modernized into Bing Lee. (Please don't tell me that I'm the only one who spent five minutes straight laughing when I heard that.) And in case you don't feel like jumping over the Lizzie's youtube page, here's the first vlog diary entry here:

No comments:

Post a Comment